Save The Date May 5 -7 , 2017
Red Deer College,Red Deer, AB
We are just finalizing details for the 2017 Women in Soccer Conference and registration will be opening soon!.
If you are interested in unique networking opportunities, gaining new certification as a coach or referee or developing your skills as an already active coach, referee or leader in the soccer community we will have lots of great options for you.
Some incredible, inspiring facilitators are coming to lead the sessions including;
- Keynote: Lorraine Lafreniere, Chief Executive Officer, Coaching Association of Canada
- Bev Preistman, the Womens’ EXCEL Director for Canada Soccer 14-U17, Head Coach U17 team
- Carmelina Moscato, who has played with the Canadian Women’s National soccer team since 2002 and won the bronze medal with the team at the London 2012 Olympic games. She is also currently an assistant coach with the Canada Soccer Women’s EXCEL U15 and U17 teams.
- Michele Pye, one of only seven international soccer referees in Canada. She reached FIFA status in 2007 and was named to the List of Officials at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada.
- Dr. Cari Din, a dynamic leadership expert and Olympic medalist
Check back for details and registration information coming soon for this exciting event! Early bird rates will be in effect March 15th – 30th.
- FIRST Referee Session
- Coach/Player Panel
- CAAWS Networking Session
- FUNdamentals Coaching Course
- Entry Level Referee Course
- CAAWS Leadership Workshops
Speakers included Vicki Harber from Canadian Sport for Life, Karin Lofstrom, Executive Director of CAAWS and Mayi Cruz Blanco, the Women’s Football Development Manager for FIFA. Participants also received tickets for the record setting opening matches of the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015.
“Discrimination still an issue in Women’s Football” (Al Jazeera)