Provincial Team Coaches
Chris Morgan – Head Coach
UEFA ‘B’ and CSA National ‘B’ License
Chris spent over 10 years coaching in Ireland. He spent 2 years at Fort St John Soccer Club in BC before moving to Grande Prairie, AB where he is TD at GP Utd Soccer Club. Chris is also Head Coach for GPRC Men’s and Women’s Soccer programs and a Learning Facilitator for ASA.
Goals for the PTP Program:
To help young elite players to fulfil their potential technically and tactically so that they learn to express themselves within the game.
Paul Ferries – Head Coach
– CSA National B trained
A CSA National B trained coach, Paul’s coaching career started 7 years ago and he currently holds the Academy Director’s position with Calgary’s Eastside Memorial Football Club. In 2017/2018, he led the clubs BU15 team to a tier 1 league championship.
In May 2017, Paul was appointed the position of Developmental Coach with the BU13 Alberta Soccer south team and participated in the Winter Training Program and the Vancouver Whitecaps Combine in the spring of 2018. Now appointed the Head Coach of the BU13 Alberta Soccer South team he’ll bring his vision and coaching philosophy of identification, development and management of young talent with experience gained within grassroots football in Calgary.
Understanding the factors involved in recognizing and nurturing talent, placing equal emphasis on current ability, mentality, background and potential in order to provide young players the platform they need to progress through Canada Soccer’s Long Term Player Development and onward to elite, high performance environments.
Srdjan Gajic – Head Coach
– UEFA B LICENSE
– Head Coach U17 SSV Jahn Regensburg
– Staff Coach REX
– Zone 6 Alberta Summer Games
– ASA North coach
– U13-U16 ASA Provincial teams (2 Gold, 2 Bronze)
– Silver at Club Nationals with KC Trojans (2008)
– Rot Weiss Erfurt 2010-2012 (German 3rd Division)
– SSV Jahn Regensburg 2012-2017 (German 2nd Division
John Clubb – Head Coach
– Canadian A Licence and MSc in Sport Psychology
– Many years of coaching from grassroots to high performance, including Centre of Excellence programs in England with Macclesfield Town, Hartlepool United and Middlesbrough
– This will be John’s fourth cycle of Provincial girls teams, coaching ’96, ’02, 04 girls
– John is the Manager of Grassroots Development at Alberta Soccer
Goals: The main goal of any provincial team is to create an environment that provides the players with an opportunity to grow, whilst providing a vibrant array of experiences on and off the field that they may carry into adulthood.
Marcelo Lafuente – Head Coach
– National B Trained
– Advanced National Diploma NSCAA
– Coerver Youth Diploma
– Head Coach Alberta North U13 2017-18,
– Head Coach Impact 2005 Girls,
– Head Coach Impact 2008 Boys,
– Teacher and Soccer Academy Instructor at St. Thomas More Junior High
– Grant MacEwan Griffins
Graham Fisher – Head Coach
– CSA National B
After returning from 6 years playing professionally in Germany, Ireland and Spain with clubs such as Schalke 04, Rot Weiss Erfurt, Finn Harps, along with a formal trial with Real Madrid, Graham Fisher has since dedicated his time to his passion of coaching.
As well as a current Quadrant Director with his club, Graham has 2 years of Alberta Soccer Coaching experience. He is also a coach for both the Canada Soccer REX program, as well as the Whitecaps FC Alberta Academy.
With loads of experience within the ASA program (4 years as a player and 2 as coach) Graham knows what it takes to prepare and compete at a national combine. His goal is to help the team succeed within these matches, but more importantly, help develop individuals to achieve their goals of reaching the next level.
Kristyn Shapka – Head Coach
– National B License Trained
– Regional Excel Program (REX) | Staff Coach (2017-present)
– University of Alberta | Pandas Soccer Assistant Coach (2017-present)
– University of Alberta | Junior Pandas Soccer Head Coach [2016-present (Assistant Coach 2016; 2017)] – Alberta Soccer Association Head Coach [2015-present (Assistant Coach 2015; 2016)] – Concordia University of Edmonton | Assistant Coach (2013-2017)
– Paul Kane High School | Soccer Academy Instructor (2012-2014)
– University of Hawaii – NCAA Division I (2008-2010)
– University of Montana – NCAA Division I (2006-2008)
Dave Clarke – Head Coach
– UEFA B
Dave is a UEFA B qualified coach who formerly played at a Semi-Professional level in England, and has coached and managed both youth and adult teams for many years.
Dave has worked in Canada as a Technical Trainer, coaching many teams around the Calgary and is currently the Technical Director for Chestermere United FC. Dave has coached within the ASA Provincial Team Program for the past four years working with the U13 & U14 Girls south teams.
Dave’s coaching philosophy is that we should develop our youth players to love the game, by providing an enjoyable, fun and structured learning environment to encourage them to be the best they can be.
Provincial Team Players
Player Registration – Must be completed online through GOALLINE. Click Here to register.
Receipts – You will receive an Internet Purchase Receipt via email as confirmation that your payment & registration is complete. Child Fitness Credit tax receipts will be provided upon request. Please contact accounting to request your receipt.
Contact Information – Please keep your contact information up-to-date within GOALLINE, as we use the information within this system to contact you regarding further invitations to programming or events.
Medical Information & Consents – Please keep your Consents & Medical Information current (-1 year old) by clicking on the Forms Management link within your player profile.
Citizenship – It is currently not a requirement for a player to be a Canadian Citizen or have their Permanent Residency, Landed Immigrancy, or valid Passport in order to participate in the Provincial Team Program. However, it is strongly suggested that players do have a valid passport as they will be deemed ineligible for selection if the teams are traveling outside of Canada.
For assistance or questions regarding our registration process, please contact the Technical Programs Coordinator.
Provincial Team Handbooks
2017/18 Provincial Team Guidebook