The coverage will pay on behalf of named insured (ASA), and the additional insureds, where applicable, all sums of money which the insureds shall become legally obligated to pay as compensatory damages for actual bodily injuries to participants, spectators, and other members of the public. This also includes property damage the insurer(s) shall become legally obligated to pay. The policy does not cover defense of criminal code charges.
If you, as an ASA Member, are served with a Court-originated statement of claim, you must contact the ASA Office immediately. Please fax this form to the ASA at 780-474-6300. The Insurers will then begin the process of defending you.
Activities Covered Under the ASA CGL Policy
This consists of practices, games, tournaments, related training activities and related approved travel. These ALL must be ASA-sanctioned.
There are some valuable extensions to the CGL as well:
- Full participant coverage
- Sponsors, Government Departments, Municipalities added as Additional Insureds
- Non-owned Automobile
- Personal Injury (libel, slander, defamation)
- Liquor law liability for sanctioned social events where requested (Annual awards ceremonies & wind-up banquets, it is available on a submission basis)
- Legal Expenses coverage that do not require compensatory funds (i.e. non-monetary based lawsuits)
Limits of Liability
For information about liability limits please contact Richard Adams at email@example.com
If you are injured in a sanctioned game or practice, please fill out the Sport Accident Claim form within 60 days available on this website.
The Sport Accident Insurance Policy is in place to ensure that you are not out-of-pocket for medical expenses incurred through a soccer injury. These are injuries that result in the following losses within 365 days after the date of accident. Please note these amounts are above what would normally be covered by Alberta Health Care, and Private Health Care Plans. The policy does not cover lost wages from employment.
The limits under the Sport Accident Policy are:
Common Types of Coverage
For a full list of a coverage options please contact Richard Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ambulance Fees
- Licensed Emergency Transportation unlimited, subject to Blanket
- Physiotherapy ($500 limit)
- Blanket Dental
- Out of Province Medical Accident (inside Canada)
- Eyeglass, Contact Lens (resulting from injury)
- Youth Wage Loss
- Non Standard Emergency Transportation up to $100 (non ambulance)
For information about Loss of Life / Permanent Loss / Disablement / Paralysis or additional information about coverage please contact Richard Adams at email@example.com
This is now mandatory and covers all potential injuries on and off the field while outside of Canada. It is also excess of Alberta Health Care and private health care plans so it very important to ensure all members travelling have their health cards with them.
The rate for this coverage is $1.50 per member per day.
- You MUST notify Intrepid International Health Solutions immediately when medical services are required, or within 24 hours of hospitalization.
- Claims must be reported within 30 days of occurrence.
- Written proof of claims is required within 90 days of occurrence.
- Claims cannot be considered unless the form is duly completed and signed by the claimant and submitted along with documentation.
- All documentation must be supplied free of expense to Insurer.
Type of Coverage/ Sum Insured
For information please contact Richard Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see www.srim.ca for further details on coverage.
Please note this is a general description of the coverages only and specific terms, conditions and exclusions will apply. Please contact the broker for any specific questions.