Alberta Soccer is pleased to offer resources to assist you; if you can’t find what you’re looking for here, please visit the specific program page you are interested in. If you need additional assistance, please contact us.
For general reference documents, please click here.
Canada Soccer Tool Kits
- Canada Soccer Pathway Coach’s Tool Kit: Stage One-Active Start
- Canada Soccer Pathway Coach’s Tool Kit: Stage Two – FUNdamentals
- Canada Soccer Pathway Coach’s Tool Kit: Stage Three – Learn to Train
- Community Guide to Player Development
- LTPD Guide for Players with Disabilities
Periodized Training Plans
These annual training plans are guides meant to assist coaches, clubs, leagues, and districts with player development.
- Active Start (U6)
- FUNdamentals (U8)
- Learning to Train (U10)
- Learning to Train (U12)
- Soccer for Life (U13-17)
- Soccer for Life (U18+)
If you have any questions about these guides, please contact the Coach Education Coordinator.
- Changing the Game – information and resources needed to make grassroots sports a healthy, positive, and rewarding experience for players
- Download a FREE copy of the inspirational Changing the Game Project book
- The Ability Toolkit – a resource for parents of children and youth with a disability
- Sports Nutrition for Youth
- Grassroots Session Toolkit (for coaches to plan activities)
- Parent Soccer Guide
- Grassroots Soccer – an introduction (including game formats)
- Parent Play Activity Handbook
- Visit the Coaching Resources page for coach-specific information – click here
- Watch the Alberta Soccer #ThisIsGrassroots video to find out what Grassroots Soccer means to other Albertans.