(updated Nov 1, 2022)
From Canada Soccer:
The Youth Diploma prepares the student coach to meet the demands of coaching players 13-17 years of age in a development environment.
Those coaches working actively working with U13 to U17 teams competing in standards-based leagues.
- Valid Canadian C Licence or approved Internation Equivalent
- Currently coach a U13-U17 team
- Valid Criminal Record Check
West Group (BC or Alberta): September 14-17, 2023 & May 9-12, 2024
- 2 x 3.5 days, in-person (classroom & field)
- Independent Online Learning (asynchronous)
- Collaborative Online Learning (synchronous)
- Collaborative Group Learning (mentor supported)
- Coaches must attend both of the in-person sessions for their group: September 14-17, 2023 & May 2-5, 2024
Upon successful completion of the Youth Diploma, the coach will be able to demonstrate the competencies associated with coaching and managing youth players in a development environment, including designing, delivering and reflecting on all aspects of on and off field activities.
Access to online learning management system; Canada Soccer branded Nike kit (not including boots and trainers); a 12-month subscription to Practice Session Planning software; in -person classroom and field rentals; tools used to deliver the in-person, online asynchronous, and online synchronous sessions; and coach developer support throughout the course.
Coaches will be required to cover the costs of travel, accommodations, and meals when attending the in-person sessions. Any costs associated with video recording of practical coaching sessions will be at the coach’s expense.
Complete the Canada Soccer Coach Education Application
For more information on the Canada Soccer Youth Diploma, click here