Universities and Colleges Darron
Universities and Colleges
Welcome to the recruitment information page for student athletes looking to attend Universities and Colleges based in Alberta. Contact information and websites are provided for each school and each team. Check out the FAQ’s at the bottom of the page regarding recruitment!
Choosing the right school for you can be an overwhelming decision at times. Be sure to do your research on each school and talk with your parents, teachers and coaches and consider all factors (eg. academics, school life, etc.)
In most cases, three references are appropriate to send to a coach. Depending on the school and/or the team, you may be required to send in references from three coaches or in some cases you should be prepared to send references from a coach, a Technical Director at your soccer club and a teacher.
This depends on the school and the team. Ask the coach when you make first contact whether they would like to see video footage. Some coaches will ask for a full-length match video as well as highlights. Either way, it is a good idea to ask someone to start filming your games and practice sessions if you are looking to get recruited.
*Dependant on institution – contact the coach for a full step by step process
1) Player is identified by coaches
2) Player and Parents meet with coaches to discuss the school and do a tour
3) Letter of offer for scholarship is distributed
4) Player applies to the University/College
5) Player accepted based on GPA and high school graduation
6) Transfers for institutions have varying rules based on credits