About the Alberta Soccer Association
Since its creation, the Alberta Soccer Association has grown to be the province’s largest individual sports association – reaching over 90,000 members last year.
Vision: A centre of excellence for the game, providing opportunities for all players to reach their full potential
Mission: To provide leadership for soccer excellence in Alberta by fostering and promoting:
- a strong infrastructure for sound governance (administration and communication), and;
- quality programs and services (competitions, referees, coaching, player development, and volunteers) to safeguard the sport’s long-term prosperity
With the goal of serving 23 Regular Members and 3 Associate Members, the Alberta Soccer Association:
- Promotes participation in, and enhances development of, soccer in Alberta
- Promotes and supports all levels of soccer competition in Alberta including provincial and national selections
- Governs the sport of soccer in Alberta and produces supporting documentation such as policies and by-laws
- Encourages and fosters personal development and training of all players, coaches and referees in the province
- Coordinates provincial festivals, tournaments and cup competitions on an annual basis
- Promotes respect and equality in the game and is inclusive to all members of society
- Provides the necessary means to resolve any internal dispute that may arise between Members, clubs, officials and players of the Alberta Soccer Association.
- Offers health insurance for soccer related incidents to all members.