All travel permit applications for travel within Canada must be submitted at least 14 days before departure. Applications for travel to the US or internationally must be submitted at least 6 weeks before departure. Tournaments will not permit a team to compete without a signed travel permit application.
Travel permit application process:
- Team/club submits all required forms and fees to their District.
- District approves the travel permit and roster and sends it to Alberta Soccer.
- Alberta Soccer approves the permit and returns it to the District.
- If necessary, Alberta Soccer obtains permission from Canada Soccer before returning the approved permit to the District.
- Alberta Soccer forwards all documents to the insurance company for coverage.
- Once processed, the insurance company sends an insurance certificate (certificates are not necessary for travel, but are available upon request).
- District sends the approved travel documents back to the team/club.