2018 Women in Soccer Conference
In just a few weeks – on March 8th – registration for this year’s Women in Soccer Conference will open.
The conference, featuring a one-day program, which will be offered in both Calgary and Leduc, will offer unique leadership, coaching, and referee development sessions designed to empower and inspire female leaders.
Keynote – Andrea Neil
We are thrilled to welcome keynote speaker, Andrea Neil to the conference. She’s a former Canadian Women’s National Team Player, the first female soccer player inducted into the Canada Sports Hall of Fame, and USSF National ‘B’ Licensed and UEFA ‘A’ Licensed coach. Andrea, who will also lead an on-field coaching session, is both a highly skilled coach and passionate leader on the topic of sport and its role in character development among girls and women.
Through the knowledge and experience Andrea and the other facilitators will share at the conference, the Development of Women in Soccer Committee is excited to offer women an opportunity to gain valuable skills that will empower on the field, from the sidelines, at the boardroom table, and in their personal lives.
Alberta Soccer is excited to feature the following sessions at the conference:
- Keynote speech and custom coaching session from the first female soccer player to be inducted into the Canada Sport Hall of Fame – Andrea Neil
- Female Initiated Referee Strategies and Techniques (F.I.R.S.T.) Learn practical game management techniques from experienced female instructors (North: Melissa Sargent, Jaimelia Turner and South: Laurie Darvill, Anne McAlduff)
- Intercultural Communication Skills Training – Build awareness about cultural values and biases and strategies you can integrate to combat them into your daily life; led by Laurel Madro, Bow Valley College Program Coordinator with 20 years’ experience facilitating these workshops
- NCCP Mentorship Module – This training reaffirms and strengthens the abilities and skills as a mentor, while expanding upon the mentor’s knowledge of the mentorship process, led by CAL Facilitator: Jim Loughlin, LED Facilitator: Jackie Cool, NCCP Master Coach Developers
- CAAWS combined Leading with Confidence/Women on Boards Workshop – Strengthen your leadership skills and gain important information about being on a board while discovering the positive impact you can make serving as a board member; led by CAL Facilitator, Lea Wiens, Sport for Life Consultant with 20+ years’ experience and LED Facilitator, Karen Melnyk, who has 25+ years’ experience in leadership training