From February 10th to 12th, 2023, the Alberta Soccer Association celebrated its Annual General Meeting in the city of Edmonton. Various topics were discussed among our Members, Board of Directors and Staff. Here is a comprehensive list of the elections and awards that were given during said time:
In this year’s election, the Membership elected a President and two Directors-at-Large:
- President – Adam Berti
- Director-at-large – Nabeel Khudabux (returning)
- Director-at-large – Deanna Zumault
On Saturday, February 11, 2023, the Delta South Hotel in Edmonton was host to the 2023 Awards Banquet, celebrating the 2022 award winners. With the presence of Dr Karen MacNeill, Member of Canada Soccer Board of Directors, and after an inspiring keynote presentation by Olympic gold medalist Stephanie Labbe, it came the time to honour the best of last year. Renowned journalist Derek Van Diest accompanied us as official emcee for the evening.
The award winners list of 2022 include:
- Golden Shoe Award – Senior – Edmonton Green and Gold Men
- Golden Shoe Award – Youth – Calgary Blizzard SC 05 Girls
- Honourable Mention – BTB Soccer Academy
- Silver Badge Award – Luke Garland
- Golden Whistle Award – Maria Marshall
- Physical Literacy Award – Catherine Fox
- Bert Goldberger Technical Leader Award – Lonny Behm
- AMSL League Champion – Men – Edmonton Scottish
- AMSL League Champion – Women – Calgary Blizzard
- Woman of Distinction – Sarah Moorji
- Award of Merit
- Daniel Turner (NWP)
- Dick Nyenhuis (CWSA)
- Mykena Walker (CMSA)
- Lonny Behm (CASA)
- Dean Mastrangelo (SPDSA)
- Drew Fischer (CUSA)
- Laurie Darvill (Big Country)
- Dejan Gajic (EMSA)
- Jason Antunes (SASA)
- Shield of Merit – Leon Leong (In Memory Of)
- President’s Award – David O’Neill
You can see detailed information on all these awards here.
For a comprehensive photo album of our Awards Banquet, please click here.
On Sunday, February 12, our new President Adam Berti was elected. We thank our Past President, Shaun Hammond, for his hard work on our Board of Directors, and wish to see him and his wife on our Association’s future gatherings.