The B License – Part I workshop is hosted by Alberta Soccer. It is intended for coaches who have successfully completed the C License Workshop & Evaluation and are working with U18+ players. As with the C License, the B Part 1 requires that coaches reach a minimum standard of competence. Each coach will be supported by the Alberta Soccer Coach Developer Team.
$500 + GST (course only)
- 40 hours of training
- Course materials
The B1 workshop covers a wide range of theoretical & practical aspects of the 11 v 11 game.
Long-Term Athlete Development
Technique and Skill
Principles of Play
Systems and Tactics
Key Factor Coaching
Technical and Skill Practice
Small-Sided Game Practice
Attacking and Defending Skills
Attacking and Defending Principles
Practices for Physical Development
Delivering Coaching Sessions
C License Certified
2020/21 *NEW* Online B1 Workshop Dates (please review dates carefully as full attendance is required)
November 21 & 22, December 5 & 6th, January 9 & 10th, 16 & 17th, and 23 & 24th.
Registration Now Closed
To be announced.
Each evaluation Phase is 3 months long and the candidate must be able to submit a session plan, carry out a pre-brief with an evaluator, record their session, sync the audio and video, submit the session and schedule a de-brief within this time frame. If the candidate is not confident they can carry this out within the 3 month period, they are asked to register for a later block that will allow them to complete in this time frame.
For evaluation enquiries, please email the Manager of Coach Education
Coaches who complete the training requirements are eligible to be evaluated. Evaluation is optional. Coaches who complete all training requirements and pass the evaluation achieve certification. Evaluation is based upon:
- Practical Session (20 minute Analytical & 15 minute Final SSG) – completed via live presentation
- Coaching Portfolio (completed during the course)
- Plan a Session (provided before evaluation)
Candidates receive their results electronically. Unsuccessful candidates may apply for re-evaluation and full evaluation fees will apply (on the 2nd re-evaluation).
$250 + GST Evaluation Fee
- The candidate applies by registering via the online B License Evaluation registration form by using the registration link. Once registered candidates will receive a pay pal invoice for the evaluation fee
- Each evaluation Phase is 3 months long and the candidate must be able to submit a session plan, carry out a pre-brief with an evaluator, complete a live online session presentation and schedule a debrief within this time frame. If the candidate is not confident they can carry this out within the 3 month period, they are asked to register for a later block that will allow them to complete in this time frame.
- On the first day of the evaluation block (or upon registration), the candidate will receive an email from the Alberta Soccer Manager of Coach Education within 48 hours. This email also details the evaluation outline as well as the presentation submission guidelines/process.
- The candidate must send their session plans and (EAP) directly to their coach evaluator by email as well as upload to the online platform.
- Once the evaluator has received the session plan, the evaluator will contact the candidate and arrange a ‘pre-brief’ with the candidate. The pre-brief will be carried out either via a video call or phone call at an agreed time between the candidate and evaluator. It is highly recommended that candidates take the opportunity to have a pre-brief to go over their session and take feedback and make any adjustments. Once the pre-brief has taken place, the candidate will be given the go-ahead to record their session.
- Once the candidates have finalized their session, the candidate will email their session and attached forms directly to their assigned coach developer.
- On receiving the email, the evaluator will acknowledge receipt of the information forms, and will schedule a live presentation date/time. The debrief will take place after the presentation. During the debrief the candidate will learn of their next steps and discuss their action plan.
- The evaluator will email the completed observation of competency forms and action plan to the candidate and Alberta Soccer.
- If successful, Alberta Soccer will do all the necessary checks and update Canada Soccer. The candidate will then receive their Certificate.
Re-Testing Provincial B Licence Components
Coaches may be evaluated again, should their performance have fallen short of the expected standards. In most instances, the initial re-evaluation fee can be waived. After initial re-evaluation, coaches who require it may complete a second re-evaluation. Candidates re-test only individual evaluation components they did not pass. If after completing a second re-evaluation a passing score has not been achieved, candidates must re-enter the program and repeat the Provincial B Licence course before attempting the evaluation process again. Full program fees will apply.
$275 + GST
- Field Testing ($125 + GST)
- Portfolio ($125 + GST)
- Plan a Session Exam ($25 + GST)
This is a non-residential program with travel and accommodation being the responsibility of the candidate.
Candidates receive their results electronically.
How do I start the Evaluation Process?
To start the evaluation process the coach applies by registering for an Alberta Soccer Coach Evaluation Phase in the Locker through the Coaches Association of Canada. Pre-Requisite: B1 License Trained designation
Each evaluation Phase is 3 months long and the candidate must be able to submit a session plan, attend pre-brief with an evaluator, submit the final session plan and schedule a live presentation time / de-brief within this time frame. If the candidate is not confident they can carry this out within the 3 month period, they are asked to register for a later block that will allow them to complete in this time frame.
On the first day of the evaluation block (or upon registration), the candidate will receive an email from the Alberta Soccer Manager of Coach Education within 48 hours. This email will detail the evaluation outline as well as the session submission and presentation guidelines/process.
What do I need to Submit for the Evaluation Process?
The candidate will submit the following to their assigned Coach Evaluator via email, and upload to the Alberta Soccer coach education platform.
- Upload the Session Plan and Emergency Action Plan (EAP) to the Alberta Soccer platform (One Drive folder provided by Coach Evaluator)
What are the Next Steps?
- A pre-brief will be set up with Coach Evaluator in which session plan and EAP will be reviewed. At that time a live presentation date/time will be set up with the Coach Evaluator.
- Candidates will present their session plan live to the Coach Evaluator. After the presentation the Coach Evaluator will debrief.
- If successful, Alberta Soccer will do all the necessary checks and update the CAC Locker (C License only) and Canada Soccer. The candidate will then receive credit in their NCCP transcript.