(updated Nov 1, 2022)
From Canada Soccer:
The B Diploma develops the student coach’s capacity to meet the demands of coaching senior players in a performance environment
Those coaches working actively coaching College, University and/or Professional players.
- Valid Canadian C Licence or approved International Equivalent
- Currently coaching a senior team
- Valid Criminal Record Check
West Group (BC or Alberta): September 28, 2023
- 2 x 3.5 days, in-person (classroom & field)
- Independent Online Learning (asynchronous)
- Collaborative Online Learning (synchronous)
- Collaborative Group Learning (mentor supported)
- Coaches must attend both of the in-person sessions for their group: September 28 – October 1, 2023 & May 30 – June 2, 2024
Upon successful completion of the B Diploma, the coach will be able to demonstrate the competencies associated with coaching and managing senior players in the performance environment, including designing, delivering and reflecting on all aspects of on and off field activities.
Access to online learning management system; Canada Soccer branded Nike kit (not including boots and trainers); a 12-month subscription to Practice Session Planning software; in -person classroom and field rentals; tools used to deliver the in-person, online asynchronous, and online synchronous sessions; and coach developer support throughout the course.
Coaches will be required to cover the costs of travel, accommodations, and meals when attending the in-person sessions. Any costs associated with video recording of practical coaching sessions will be at the coach’s expense.
Complete the Canada Soccer Coach Education Application
For more information on the Canada Soccer B Diploma, click here