From Canada Soccer:
A minimum of 12 months and a maximum Includes: online modules; in situ practical sessions; online course work; demonstration of competency; video mentorship
The Youth Licence – Goalkeeping is the first step on the Goalkeeping Pathway (having obtained a C Licence and a Provincial Goalkeeping Course). The workshop provides you an opportunity to develop an understanding of both the theoretical and practical aspects of coaching Goalkeepers while focusing on holistic and effective coaching in the Development Stream.
Those coaches working actively working with players aged 13-18.
Successful candidates are required to have the following certifications:
- Canadian Citizen or PR Status
- Certified Canada Soccer ‘C’ Licence
- Any Provincial Level Goalkeeping Course, if applicable
- Current coaching role, as well as previous coaching experience
- Endorsement of Provincial/Territorial Member Association and current club/academy
- Candidates may be required to complete an interview process
Access to online learning management system; Canada Soccer branded Nike kit (not including boots and trainers); access to Canada Soccer session planning software (1-year subscription); all course components and equipment, including notebooks and course material; lunch on each day of the in-person workshops.
Complete the Canada Soccer Coach Education Application
For more information on the Canada Soccer Youth Licence, click here