(UPDATED – November 13, 2020) Alberta Soccer members in the following cities must temporarily suspend soccer games, training, and practices from November 13 to November 27, 2020:
- Calgary Zones
- Edmonton Zones
- City of Red Deer
- City of Lethbridge
- City of Fort McMurray
- City of Grande Prairie
See Impacted Calgary Areas >>>
See Impacted Edmonton Areas >>>
For members who provide soccer activities outside of the AHS identified regions, they may continue to offer programming under the Return to Modified Games guidelines.
AHS New Measures at a Glance >>>
Public Health Order CMOH Order 37-2020 >>>
QUICK POINTS OF CLARIFICATION
- The temporary suspension of soccer activities, in the AHS identified regions, is related to team practices, games, competitions, and/or training.
- Any activity involving physical exertion and skill in which two or more persons come together indoors to practice or compete with each other in a structured way is temporarily suspended (see Part 1.2.(e) of CMOH Order 37-2020)
- If an individual lives in a region with Enhanced Restrictions but is registered in a team sport that operates in a region that is NOT under enhanced restrictions, that individual is NOT able to continue in their team sport during the temporary suspension.
- Individuals are not allowed to travel outside of their community that is under targeted measures to participate on a team that is not on the watch list.
- Teams are not allowed to travel outside of their community that is under targeted measures to train, practice, play and/or compete in an area not on the watch list.
- At this time, team(s) / mini-league(s) / cohorts are not permitted to move their programming outside in order to circumvent the mandatory suspension.
- Teams are not permitted to continue programming under the Phase 1 – Return to Train guidance, there is no team nor small group training during the temporary suspension.
- As per CMOH Order 37-2020, soccer programming may resume on November 28th (subject to any additional changes by AHS)
- 18. Parts 1, 2 and 4 of this Order remain in effect until 11:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time on November 27, 2020.
*Numbers 2, 3, & 4 are directions as received from our sport consultant after their meeting with AHS this afternoon.
If you have any questions, please contact Tammy McNutt