Where Do I Start?
I’m currently NOT coaching…what should I do?
If you would like to get involved in coaching because you either have an interest in the game or you want to coach your own child, contact your local soccer association. To find your local soccer association, click here.
I am new to coaching and I would like to get some basic information about coaching soccer…
If you are new to coaching and would like to receive some basic coaching education, take a look at our Community Coaching Workshops.
- If you are coaching a U12 or U13 team that may qualify for provincials, you need to have completed a Learn to Train workshop.
- If you are coaching a U14+ team and may qualify for provincials, you will need to complete a Soccer for Life workshop.
- If you are coaching a team that may qualify for a Tier 1 to Nationals competition, you will need to be C-Licence Trained.
Note: In addition to the age-appropriate workshop, one person on the roster must also complete the MED online evaluation.
I am currently a club coach and want to develop an in-depth understanding of coaching methodology…
If you are serious about becoming a better coach with an in-depth understanding of coaching methodology, consider the licensing stream. The licensing stream is open to all interested coaches that meet the pre-learning qualifications noted below.
To qualify, a coach must be:
- actively coaching a team in the Learning to Train, Training to Train or Training to Compete stages of LTPD,
- have completed the MED online evaluation, and
- have completed the Making Headway Soccer online workshop.
If you have questions about the licensing stream please email the Coaching Department