At this stage, individual player development is paramount. Coaches and teachers should create a stimulating learning environment where the atmosphere is “Freedom and Fun”.
- For coaches working with 6-8 year old players
- Duration: 7 hours excluding breaks
- Abbreviation: FUN
Coaches working with young players in this stage are strongly encouraged to attend a Fundamentals Workshop.
NOTE: All coaches must complete the Making Ethical Decisions (MED) multi-sport module including the online evaluation to complete their program & be considered “Trained”. Find more information about this in the FAQ section.
- Information on Canadian Soccer Association’s Long Term Player Development model.
- Develop a basic understanding of Physical Literacy.
- Information to help coaches understand the development stage of the children they are working with.
- How to plan coaching sessions considering the development stage of the children coaches are working with.
- Consider the safety factors involved in running a coaching session.
- How to manage coaching sessions using appropriate content and methodology.
- An online resource that coaches can use to plan their sessions.
- Advice coaches can use to work with players and parents in this stage.
- Coach’s workbook and a Certificate of Achievement (coaches must print out).
A workshop specific online resource package is provided at no additional cost to all coaches who complete the Fundamentals Workshop. Resource package includes:
- A season’s worth of stage appropriate session plans
- Additional session video’s
- Workshop presentations
- The Fundamentals Coach Workbook