How to upgrade from Provincial Referee to National Referee
Provincial associations may nominate officials, who have been at the Provincial classification for a minimum one full year, to the Canadian Soccer Association for inclusion on the National List of Officials. CSA accepts nominations for referees and assistant referees, as there is a separate National List for each category.
The Alberta Soccer Referee Development Committee will –
- Nominate to the CSA, by 1 July each year, those Provincial referees who have demonstrated outstanding ability as a Provincial referee and are judged worthy of consideration for advancement to the National List.
- Provide the CSA Referees Committee with a resume of the Referee’s career to date of nomination together with a supporting recommendation form the Provincial RDC.
- Confirm that the referee has met the minimum officiating requirements in the previous season.
- Provide the CSA Referees Committee with copies of the referee’s assessments.
- Arrange a fitness test prior to 31 August, in the year of nomination and provide the CSA Referees Committee with the results of that test.
- Confirm the availability of the nominated official to attend the Club National Championships in the year of nomination.
Candidates selected by CSA will officiate at a National Club Championship in October, and if successful there, will be invited to CSA National Camp, held in January or February the following year.
If successful (camp, exam, fitness test), candidates will be added to the CSA National List of Officials for the upcoming year.
For the complete CSA policy – click here.